[Standards-JIG] [JEP-0168] - RAP issues

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Dec 19 22:20:59 UTC 2005

Vinod Panicker wrote:

> I've noticed that there are issues in the RAP JEP.
>
> 1. The JEP refers to the raprequest namespace.  Does this exist?  Or
> has it been merged into the rap namespace?

I neglected to write up the schema for it. I'll add that to the next
version.

> 2. Is there a raprequest JEP?

No, and we don't need one because we have Section 5 of JEP-0168.

> 3. The iq stanza shown in the raprequest response (example 7) is
> currently using the stream namespace (which could be either
> jabber:client or jabber:server)

Should be jabber:client, since that is what the client originally sent.

> 4. The raprequest response now has a presence stanza within a
> raprequest stanza, which is with an iq stanza.  Is this fundamentally
> correct?

Yes, that's allowable. Potentially confusing, but allowable.

> 5. The presence stanza is said to be using the jabber:client namespace
> and has a rap element, which is incorrect, since jabber:client doesnt
> define rap.

Please read this:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/

Jabber Software Foundation