[Standards-JIG] experimental JEPs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Dec 21 00:20:54 UTC 2005

Since the end of the year is upon us, I figured it would be useful to
take stock of JEPs in progress. In particular, the following JEPs are
currently in an Experimental state. I've annotated each JEP with some
text regarding its status (at least from my perspective).

JEP-0084 User Avatar

This needs to be updated to reflect SPPS (JEP-0163).

JEP-0111 TINS

Authors will retract given publication of Jingle JEPs.

JEP-0116 Encrypted Sessions

Still under development.

JEP-0119 Extended Presence Protocol Suite

Waiting on JEP-0084. Probably also needs to be updated to reflect SPPS.

JEP-0136 Message Archiving

Status unknown.

JEP-0142 Workgroups

Status unknown.

JEP-0145 Annotations

Status unknown.

JEP-0146 Remote Controlling Clients

Status unknown.

JEP-0147 XMPP URI Scheme Query Components

Waiting on finalization of XMPP URI Internet-Draft.

JEP-0149 Time Periods

Seems pretty straightforward.

JEP-0150 Use of Entity Tags in XMPP Extensions

Further discussion required.

JEP-0151 Virtual Presence

Status unknown.

JEP-0152 Reachability Addresses

Status unknown.

JEP-0153 vCard-Based Avatars

Needs to be cleaned up a bit, also need to incorporate implementation
feedback.

JEP-0154 Profile Data Representation

Need to define profile data management protocol using SPPS.

JEP-0155 Chat Session Negotiation

Seems pretty straightforward.

JEP-0156 A DNS TXT Resource Record Format for XMPP Connection Methods

Seems pretty straightforward.

JEP-0157 Contact Addresses for XMPP Services

Seems pretty straightforward.

JEP-0158 Robot Challenges
JEP-0159 SPIM-Blocking Control
JEP-0161 SPIM Reporting

These need further discussion.

JEP-0160 Best Practices for Handling Offline Messages

Seems pretty straightforward.

JEP-0162 Best Practices for Roster and Subscription Management

Needs a bit more discussion.

JEP-0163 Simplified Personal Publish-Subscribe

Updates required to JEP-0060 before this can move forward.

JEP-0164 vCard Filtering

Needs more discussion.

JEP-0165 Prevention of JID Spoofing

Needs more discussion.

JEP-0166 Jingle Signalling
JEP-0167 Jingle Audio
JEP-0168 Resource Application Priority (RAP)

Just published.

I will add the ones that are labelled "pretty straightforward" to the
Council Queue so they can be discussed by the Council:

http://www.jabber.org/council/queue.shtml

Comments on any of these JEPs are welcome.

Jabber Software Foundation