[Standards-JIG] Re: Using pub/sub as a private storage

Pedro Melo melo at co.sapo.pt
Wed Dec 21 18:32:31 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Dec 21, 2005, at 5:59 PM, Remko Troncon wrote:

>> My problem with private storage is the lack of notification to other
>> connected resources when the information changes.
>
> This can be solved by a push stanza when an annotation changes (as
> is done
> with roster and privacy list changes).

Private storage does not have the push stanza, and as far as I
recall, that would need to be generated by the server.

So this means changing private:storage specs and in the end make them
more like SPPS. In the end, they will be pretty similar.

I would say that SPPS without history is already a storage mechanism
as is. Adding privacy to it and stating that it is the future of
private storage is fine by me. One protocol less to implement, and we
get a good storage mechanism.

Best regards,
--
HIId: Pedro Melo