[Standards-JIG] XHTML-IM content in presence and IQ?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Dec 21 22:05:08 UTC 2005

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Ian Paterson wrote:
>>> However, note that right now JEP-0066 has a similar example, which I
>>> think needs to be removed or changed.
>>
>> Yes, well spotted. +1 for completely removing it.
>
> It'll be on the agenda for the next Council meeting, I guess. ;-)

The example looks like this (URL truncated for readability):

<presence type='unavailable'>
   <status>
     <x xmlns='jabber:x:oob'>
       <url>http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/</url>
     </x>
   </status>
</presence>

We could (1) delete it or (2) change it to something like this:

<presence type='unavailable'>
   <status>gone for a while</status>
   <x xmlns='jabber:x:oob'>
     <url>http://www.saint-andre.com/blog/</url>
   </x>
</presence>

IMHO it's including the x:oob data in <status/> that's evil. I don't
have strong objections to including it as a child of <presence/>.

Jabber Software Foundation