[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Thu Dec 22 21:39:31 UTC 2005

Hmm. I guess my question is, why do you even need a Jingle to Asterisk
gateway? If the jabber client has IAX capabilities, or SIP, it can log
into Asterisk itself and place the call. It just needs to know what TO
call.

Do you want to call their Asterisk extension # via IAX, or do you want
to call their direct IP via IAX?

The only reason I can see needing a gateway is for such things as, "I
want to call Simon" so you send out an IQ to asterisk.server.com to
request Simon's Extension #.

>From there you send a Jingle request to call. Or is that the wrong route
to take?

Thanks,