[Standards-JIG] FW: Jingle - P2P and PBX calls

Simon Guindon simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
Fri Dec 23 14:12:46 UTC 2005

Hmm I guess I am confused as to what Jingle actually does then. Perhaps
you could clarify for me.

I thought Jingle was a means for client to client negotiations on how to
connect to each other etc. And in thinking that, I assumed from the
examples that the Jingle IQ's would be going directly to the client.

I was under the impression if your client supported SIP or IAX or RTP or
alternative media streams that Jingle was the means of negotiating those
OOB connections.

Thanks,
Simon

Simon Guindon
Tomahawk Technologies Inc.
103 Victoria Street          TEL: 613-257-4141 x:290
Carleton Place, ON           FAX: 613-257-8142
Canada                       simon.guindon at tomahawk.ca
K7C 2W5                      www.tomahawk.ca