[Standards-JIG] pubsub access models

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 00:55:04 UTC 2005

On 12/28/05, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org> wrote:
> Also, which access model should be the default? Right now in my
> provisional text I have "open" as the default. That seems consistent
> with JEP-0060 as it stands today.

I think port 135 should be open by default, too.  :)  How about
"presence" instead?  People who use IM will understand the concept
that someone has to be on your "buddy list" in order to see certain
types of information.  The alternative of "open" would make sharing
this data more seamless, but could lead to unintended privacy issues.

--
Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com