[Standards-JIG] Chat Session Negotiation

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Sat Dec 31 22:25:44 UTC 2005

If by 'acked' you mean receive a response (200 OK) the answer is yes. If you
mean receive an ACK message as in the INVITE transaction, this is not
needed.

The BYE is used in SIP to signal the end of a dialog that has been
previously established by an INVITE transaction. It can be initiated by
either end of the dialog. In our case, this fit well with the use of an XMPP
message stanza, and as you said and either party could send it to end the
session.

I agree that the easiest and cleanest way to associate this termination with
the initial negotiation is by using a thread ID.

Jean-Louis