[Standards-JIG] Re: Live Chat extension to Chat States (JEP-0085)

Trejkaz Xaoza trejkaz at trypticon.org
Wed Jan 5 00:46:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 04:40, you wrote:
> | To rethink this, clearing and appending are both kinds of replacing:
> |  * To clear some characters, you replace them with nothing.
> |  * To append some characters, you replace the zero characters at the
> | end of the body with those characters.
> |  <!-- Replace 'I' with 'you'. -->
>
> Yeah it can be cool but it's more complex to implement and wastes even
> more bandwith :o)

I disagree.

1. If 'start' and 'end' default as I specified, then it would use exactly the
same amount of bandwidth as your specification.

2. If the user replaces something which isn't at the end, my idea actually
saves you bandwidth.

3. Obviously if someone were to implement something like this, they wouldn't
give a wet toss about bandwidth wastage in the first place.

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at trypticon.org>
          Web site: http://xaoza.net/