[Standards-JIG] pubsub revisions

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Jan 7 16:19:46 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 09:02:41AM -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Back in December, I incorporated feedback from Ralph Meijer into
> JEP-0060 based on his experience developing the Idavoll implementation.
> Some review by folks on this list would be helpful before these changes
> are published in an official next version (1.7) of JEP-0060. The changed
> document is temporarily parked here:

In section 8.1.12 there's some text about the node's payload to be shown using
the pubsub#type field. I was under the impression that this was a configuration
option, in most cases, or maybe an automatic information item (property?) for
specialized pubsub services.

In any case, I don't think it SHOULD be a hidden field. Why was this specified
so explicitly? Also, the schema specifies the field type text-single.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm