[Standards-JIG] Re: Multiple Affiliation/Role Get Requests in One (JEP-0045)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Jan 13 19:36:53 UTC 2005

>     to='darkcave at macbeth.shakespeare.lit'
>     type='get'>
>   <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#owner'>
>     <item affiliation='owner'/>
>     <item affiliation='admin'/>
>     <item affiliation='member'/>
>   </query>
> </iq>
>

> Both of these scenarios seem perfectly legitimate to me.  I haven't
> tested it, but I doubt any of the existing services will actually deal
> with this scenario.  Any thoughts?  Should we note these use cases
> somewhere?

"Get the owner list, admin list, and member list" is not a use case as
far as I can see. (A use case is a series of actions completed by an
actor to achieve some goal in relation to a system; but retrieving all
of these lists simultaneously does not strike me as a natural user goal.)

Just send three separate requests.

/psa