[Standards-JIG] Re: UPDATED: JEP-0081 (Jabber MIME Type)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Jan 18 18:13:46 UTC 2005

Actually, I think it would be better to just include an XMPP URI in the
application/jabber+xml file.

So instead of this:

<jabber>
  <chat>stpeter at jabber.org</chat>
</jabber>

We would have:

<jabber>xmpp:stpeter at jabber.org?message&type=chat</jabber>

That way, we don't hard-code use cases into the schema, and you can
support any use cases that can be encoded into an XMPP URI. Thus, the
Jabber MIME type simply provides a way to get around bad browers and
operating systems that make it prohibitively hard to add support for new
URI schemes.

Thoughts?

Peter