[Standards-JIG] Re: UPDATED: JEP-0081 (Jabber MIME Type)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Jan 18 19:03:34 UTC 2005

In article <20050118182017.GA14804 at serwis2.beta>,
 Jacek Konieczny <jajcus at bnet.pl> wrote:

> I just want to be able to make a _single_ link with my JID on my web
> page. And IMHO XMPP URI is the right way to go.

I agree that XMPP URI is the right way to go. What is the current state
of OS / browser / application technology wrt to adding support for new
URI schemes? Perhaps this truly is not needed. I have experimented with
xmpp: URIs only on OS X and Linux. They are not supported on OS X (yes,
I filed a bug report) but are easier on Linux. What about the various
flavors of Windows (registry hacking required?) and popular device
platforms (Palm, Symbian, etc.)?