[Standards-JIG] Re: Live Chat extension to Chat States (JEP-0085)

Cedric Vivier cedricv at neonux.com
Fri Jan 21 19:36:56 UTC 2005

Tijl Houtbeckers wrote:

> As for a justification, it's faster than waiting for a message,
> that's  reasonable enough. What more justification do you need? With
> that kind of  additute we'd still be running this discussion list with
> postal pigeons ;)

I agree, and don't forget the "fun"/wow factor ;-)   [IM for (pre)teens
for instance]
Also character-by-character may be overkill, word-by-word should be
sufficient in most cases (the proposed protocol let the client
implementation choose how much info to send... yeah I know in-band was
stupid and I have to work on another proposition out-of-band this time).

--cedricv
jid: cedricv at jabber.neonux.com