[Standards-JIG] RE: Timed presence events

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Tue Mar 8 13:35:30 UTC 2005

Hi Ralph

The subject of the thread is certainly misleading. Probably because people
tend to categorize this kind of information under 'extended presence' ;).

Looking back at the JEPs, there is a number of well thought generic
'extended presence' features available already (JEP-107, JEP-108, JEP-112)
The only missing part is being able to associate this information with time
(start, stop or duration) I believe this would make the protocol extremely
flexible, and allow many interesting combinations.

Jean-Louis