[Standards-JIG] User display extended presence

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Thu Mar 17 13:13:07 UTC 2005

Hi Jean-Louis!

Jean-Louis Seguineau schrieb am 2005-03-17 13:22:42:
> > But isn't that supposed to be in the vCard or some other fairly static
> > repository of personal information?
> That statement pre-supposes that the other party is hosted on an IM system
> providing access to a vCard repository. This is not a given outside XMPP...

In which case it would be the responsibility of the gateway to map it to
vcard data ... as it is always the responsibility of gateway systems to
map data formats.

(With this statement I don't comment anything other in this topic.)

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770          http://web.amessage.info