[Standards-JIG] Re: Extended user info updates

Julian Missig julian at jabber.org
Thu Mar 17 15:21:49 UTC 2005

Well, I just think if you're going to argue for this persistent
extended status information (as opposed to presence-dependent status
information), don't do it as a "display name" or "nickname"--make a
protocol for what it really is: persistent extended status
information. And maybe tie it into or acknowledge that it's similar
to User Mood and other extended status information. Also make it
clear how this is different from <status> and when clients should use
each.

Julian