[Standards-JIG] RE: Standards-JIG Digest, Vol 14, Issue 4

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Thu Mar 17 16:17:43 UTC 2005

> Now, come on, if no one on the list can give me and answer which is not a
> hack, I'll start doubting... This list is about protocol, isn't it?

As the author of the original spec in question I would suggest for short
term (in house) something based on pubsub like the spec in question if it
does not get passed the review stage when reviewed by the council, and for
longer term a pubsub based vcard+ (or whatever we call it) that as Ralph
mentioned would allow you to subscribe to updates of particular elements of
a users vcard data of which nickname would likely be one.

Richard