[Standards-JIG] JEP-0107 (User Mood) notes

Robert Mibus mibus at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 26 10:35:19 UTC 2005

Hi guys,

I've been toying with my own implementation of JEP-0107 (User Mood), and
have a couple of comments so far.

#1. IMHO, User Mood should be advertised and discovered ala 0084, User
Avatars. (See Section 2.1, Avatar Availability).

#2. The pubsub example shows <x> being used instead of <event>, whereas
JEP-0060 (and Idavoll) both use <event>.

What do you guys thing? Who else has implemented User Mood? What did you
find?

I've been wondering if alot of the "publishing" stuff could be done
outside the standard clients - User Tune, for instance, could be totally
outside the normal client reasonably easily. Is this a way to go, or is
it too complex? (Too many jabber libs loaded, too many sockets open, too
many user/pass things to set up, etc.)?

And when will we find out about 0084? :)

Thanks!
Robert.

--
mibus <mibus at internode.on.net>