[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0084 (User Avatars)

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Wed Mar 30 08:42:41 UTC 2005

Hi,

>A two tag names in different namespaces are two _different_ tag names,
>even if the local name is the same. If you treat tag names independant
>from namespace, then your XML namespace handling is probably broken
>(what when a prefix is defined and used for the namespace?).

As you say, a different namespace makes a different tag. This means that
a different namespace is sufficient to differentiate.

>When we want to reuse a tag, than we should reuse its fully qualified
>name: both local name and namespace. I don't think we need that here.

For the purists: OK, we won't re-use a tag, BECAUSE IT IS A DIFFERENT
TAG, because of the namespace. I don't long for re-using tags per se.
But this is not the point.

My point is that we will get very similar JEPs with almost identical
schemas and examples. I would like to avoid that.

hw
--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf
bluehands GmbH & Co.mmunication KG