[Standards-JIG] LAST CALL: JEP-0106 (JID Escaping)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Mon May 2 11:46:18 UTC 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 10:23:08AM +0100, Richard Dobson wrote:
> >>Also doesnt the IRC transport use # in it??
> >
> >Ah yes, it does.
> >I guess that using disco is really the only safe way of solving the
> >problem. In other case there always is a chance that some JIDs will get
> >broken.
>
> Cool I thought as much, so either we use disco or we use a character other
> than % or #.

I have probably missed something, but I don't see how disco prevents
interaction problems in this case. If you mean that a client should disco a
gateway for support, how do existing clients continue to function
correctly? If you mean that gateways disco the clients, how do you cope
with people switching clients?

--
Groetjes,

ralphm