[Standards-JIG] Default visitor role for some users in unmoderated MUC role

Rahul Shah rahul.shah at sun.com
Wed May 11 12:57:43 UTC 2005

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 04:34:01PM +0530, Rahul Shah wrote:
>

>>  I have a requirement to provide a default visitor role to some users
>>in an unmoderated muc room. The JEP 45 does not seem to provide a way to
>>do this. Any suggestions on how we can do this?
>>

>The concept of a visitor does not apply to unmoderated rooms. Could you
>perhaps describe more completely what you need?

I want to create a room in which all the users are allowed to post a
message except for few users. So the best option for this case will be
to create a unmoderated room(as most of the users are allowed to post)
and then assign the affiliations for the other set of users in such a
way that they will be granted a visitor role when they join the room.
So if I want to assign a default visitor role to some user
earlofcambridge at shakespeare.lit  then will the following request be a
valid one?

<iq from='kinghenryv at shakespeare.lit/throne'
    id='ban3'