[Standards-JIG] Questions about jep-0142

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed May 11 19:13:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 11, 2005 at 02:00:01PM -0500, Matt Tucker wrote:

> > Section 5.1 of the jep states that 'a customer support agent
> > may join the support at workgroup.company.com workgroup when
> > they begin workgin at company.com and will only depart when
> > they leave that position.' But unless I missed it the jep
> > doesn't explain *how* one joins or leaves a workgroup.
>
> Yes, that is currently left undefined in the JEP -- adding and removing
> agents to a workgroup is up to each implementation. It could be added to
> the JEP, but we wanted to keep the JEP reasonably simple to start. It's
> already quite large. :)
>
> Provisioning agents seems to be something better left to each
> implementation in general, but we're open to other opinions.

I don't see a strong need to do that in-band, but an implementation
might provide an ad-hoc commands (JEP-0050) interface to do that, and
we could specify that in this JEP or a separate JEP. Alternatively,
adding people to a workgroup might be completed through an admin
interface of some kind (e.g., web page). Same for other tasks related
to workgroup management, I think.

/psa