[Standards-JIG] JEP 60: Most Recent Items defined?

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Thu May 12 04:30:27 UTC 2005

JEP 60 allows me to publish more than 1 item at a time. Indeed, given
the XSD, it requires that this be allowed.

Assume that I publish two items:
<iq [...]>
    <pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
        <publish node="somenode">

            <item id="left">
                <leftnode/>
            </item>

            <item id="right">
                <rightnode/>
            </item>
        </publish>
    </pubsub>
</iq>

Now I ask the PubSub Service to give me the most recent item:
(Section 8.1.10: When max_items is used, implementations SHOULD return
the N most recent)

    <pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub">
        <items node="someone" max_items="1" subid="1"/>
    </pubsub>
</iq>

Which of the two nodes that have been published should be returned?

--
Chris Mullins