[Standards-JIG] LAST CALL: JEP-0117 (Intermediate IM Protocol Suite)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu May 12 16:27:10 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 11:05:23AM -0500, JEP Editor wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for JEP-0117 (Intermediate IM Protocol Suite).
>
> Abstract: This JEP defines a recommended suite of Jabber/XMPP protocols to be supported by intermediate instant messaging and presence applications.

> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2005-05-27.

Several issues arose in today's Jabber Council meeting regarding this
JEP, specifically: which parts of JEP-0045 shall we require? There are
several options:

1. Require occupant use cases and creating an instant room (this is
   what the JEP specifies right now).
2. Require occupant use cases and all room creation / configuration
   use cases (not just instant room, but full room config).
3. Require occupant use cases, all room creation / configuration
   use cases, and the room destruction use case.
4. Require all of JEP-0045 (including all owner+admin use cases).

Let the debate begin!

/psa