[Standards-JIG] Re: Changing default role of a user(JEP0045)

Rahul Shah rahul.shah at sun.com
Wed May 18 11:43:57 UTC 2005

Just to clarify my requirements consider a situation where all the
employees of the organization can participate in a muc room. Now there
are some employees who are temporary employees and the administrator
wants them to just read the messages i.e. a visitor role and all
remaining employees can post the message to the room i.e. particpant
role. There are now 2 options to achieve this:
1. Create a moderated room and change the affiliations of all the
permanent employees to member
2. Create a unmoderated room and assign a default role of visitor to all
the temporary employees.
Ideally as an admin I would like to follow option 2 as the number of
temporary employees are far less then the permanent employees and to
acheive that I need an option to assign a default role to a certain set
of users in unmoderated room.

-Rahul