[Standards-JIG] JEP 60 - Incorrect Namespaces?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri May 20 21:07:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 02:18:05PM +0200, Ralph Meijer wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 25, 2005 at 09:10:33PM -0700, Chris Mullins wrote:
> > Section 8.2 of the PubSub JEP talks all about Owner Use cases.
> >
> > The IQ stanzas for getting and setting configuration are all in the
> > "pubsub#owner" namespace.
>
> Yes, this is to differentiate between setting and getting a configuration,
> and sending along a configuration while creating a node (the latter being
> in the .../pubsub namespace).
>
> > The Delete case (section 8.2.3) is shown as being in the standard
> > "pubsub" namespace. This should be in the "pubsub#owner" namespace.
> >
> > The Purge case (section 8.2.4) is shown as being in the standard
> > "pubsub" namesapce. This should be in the "pubsub#owner" namespace.
> >
> > Affiliation Modification (section 8.2.5) is also "pubsub" and should
> > also be in the "pubsub#owner" namespace.
>
> And why should that change?

Personally I have no objection to that change, which would mean that the
following elements would be qualified by the pubsub#owner namespace:

- <delete/>
- <entities/>
- <purge/>

Given that these elements are used only in owner use cases, it seems to
make sense that they be qualified by the owner namespace rather than by
the bare pubsub namespace.

But I don't strong feelings about the matter...

/psa