[Standards-JIG] JEP 60: Resource Based Subscription problem

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Mon May 23 16:24:39 UTC 2005

[Sending Notifications to user at resource]
> 1. We can't assume in the pubsub context that node at domain
> maps to user at IMserver and therefore we can't assume that
> the matching rules from, say, RFC 3921 apply.

Ah. This clarifies things. So the messages sent by the PubSub Server
MUST NOT use the message routing rules defined by XMPP.

Have the message routing rules for PubSub been explicitly defined
anywhere?

Should messages be stored offline if there isn't an exact match? Should
messages be send to negative priority users?

>> (I sure wish we could disallow resource based subscriptions.)

> We = JSF or we = Coversant? Nothing says you have to implement
> them in your own code if you find them extremely distasteful...

The JEP says (as I read it) that I must implement them.

JEP 60, 8.1.5: "Subscription requests to a node MUST contain a 'jid'
attribute, which enables the subscriber to specify either a bare JID or
a specific resource which should be used as the subscribed Jabber ID.

--
Chris Mullins