[Standards-JIG] JEP 60: Whitelisted subscriptions

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Mon May 23 23:24:57 UTC 2005

PSA Wrote:
[ White Lists ]

> The way we implemented white-lists is to allow owners to
> set a subscription state of pending on the users who are
> allowed to subscribe. To me, whitelist is virtually the
> same as invite-only.

That's a case that I hadn't though of - there's no discussion of it in
the JEP, and the samples don't show it.

So an admin sets a subscription to "pending", then a user sends a
subscription request, and the server then marks it as "subscribed".

We need to get this documented in the JEP, because it's not obvious (at
least to me) from context.

--
Chris Mullins