[Standards-JIG] JEP 60: Resource Based Subscription problem

JD Conley jd.conley at coversant.net
Thu May 26 23:24:42 UTC 2005

> Chris Mullins wrote:
> > If user1 has a resource based subscription to a node, but is logged
> > in with a different resource, what is the behavior?

I just had an interesting idea on this subject.  Forgive me if someone
brought it up already and I just wasn't paying attention.

Perhaps we could use AMP (JEP-0079) for the advanced messaging rules of
PubSub.  Then it could tell the XMPP server exactly what to do with the
message and wouldn't have to pay attention to user presence.

It already has some rules for matching and delivering to resources.  We
would just need to add an "all resources" option to give the broadcast
capability.

-JD