[Standards-JIG] Re: Whose avatar?

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Fri May 27 10:53:30 UTC 2005

Joe Hildebrand wrote:
>          <headers xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/shim'>
>->            <header name='Originally-From'>jid here</header>
>          </headers>
>   </message>

Yes.

The term 'header' is not really meaningful here, but probably using SHIM is better than somthing new.

I was thinking of a more general application defined value that could be used as a reference for the app. We are currently reacting to the requrements of one application programmer. Maybe other apps have different requirements. Therefore I proposed a general <context/> in analogy to software callback APIs which usually have a single (general purpose) context value. The SHIM could be in the <context/>, though.

hw
--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf
bluehands GmbH & Co.mmunication KG