[Standards-JIG] SPPS and MUC-private storage

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Nov 7 16:31:48 UTC 2005

Steve Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some time ago I made a suggestion for a MUC-private storage
> extension[1].  I've started work on a JEP for this, however it is
> possible that SPPS will provide much the same functionality, but only if
> this supports limiting of subscribers to the room roster (this appears
> to be possible).
>
> So, is it worth my while continuing with my JEP, or shall I moth-ball it
> and wait for SPPS to solidify?

Hi Steve,

I think we could do this with SPPS if each room is a virtual pubsub
service (as we're proposing each user JID could be). My initial thought
is that the MUC-SPPS service would base access on the room roster (this
is effectively the "roster" node type we've been talking about) for open
rooms and perhaps on the membership list for members-only rooms. I'll
see about working the MUC concepts into the next version of the SPPS JEP.