[Standards-JIG] JEP-50 AdHocCommands - Couple of doubts

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Nov 8 00:00:27 UTC 2005

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>> 6. <actions> element has a "type" attribute as required in the XML schema
>> but the examples use an attribute named "execute". Which one is the
>> correct?
>
> The 'execute' attribute is correct -- I'll fix the schema.

Hmm, I notice that the 'execute' attribute is required in the schema;
however, one of the bullet points in Section 3.4 states:

    If the <actions/> contains the "execute" attribute, that value
    is the default button or option. If that button or action is
    disabled, it is enabled.

The first sentence implies that the 'execute' attribute is optional, so
that needs to be clarified. (And the second sentence is confusingly
written!)