[Standards-JIG] JEP-50 AdHocCommands - Couple of doubts

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Nov 8 00:03:55 UTC 2005

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>>> 6. <actions> element has a "type" attribute as required in the XML
>>> schema
>>> but the examples use an attribute named "execute". Which one is the
>>> correct?
>>
>> The 'execute' attribute is correct -- I'll fix the schema.
>
> Hmm, I notice that the 'execute' attribute is required in the schema;
> however, one of the bullet points in Section 3.4 states:
>
>    If the <actions/> contains the "execute" attribute, that value
>    is the default button or option. If that button or action is
>    disabled, it is enabled.
>
> The first sentence implies that the 'execute' attribute is optional, so
> that needs to be clarified. (And the second sentence is confusingly
> written!)

FWIW, I think the 'execute' attribute is optional, but only the JEP
author can say for sure.

And I think the intent of the second sentence is something like this:

    If the <actions/> possesses the "execute" attribute, that value
    is the default button or option. If the <actions/> does not
    possess the "execute" attribute, there is no default button
    or option.

Matt, what say you?

Jabber Software Foundation