[Standards-JIG] JEP-0160: error messages

Magnus Henoch mange at freemail.hu
Fri Nov 11 10:25:05 UTC 2005

JEP-0160 doesn't specify how <message/>s of type "error" are to be
handled.  ejabberd does it like this: if the "to" attribute contains a
bare JID or a full JID whose resource is not online, the stanza is
delivered to the resource with the highest non-negative priority.  If
there are none, the stanza is silently dropped.

To me that seems to be reasonable behavior, possibly except for the
"error" action of AMP.  Either way, I think the desirable behavior
should be described in the JEP.

--
Magnus
JID: legoscia at jabber.cd.chalmers.se