[Standards-JIG] JEP-0030: provisional version 2.3

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Nov 15 16:50:24 UTC 2005

A few months ago I wrote a proposal showing how to check for the
existence of the JID associated with a prospective roster item using a
disco#info request sent to the appropriate bare JID. Although we never
published this proposal as a JEP (I retracted it), it revealed the need
to clarify in JEP-0030 the proper server handling of requests sent to
bare JIDs. I've just attempted to do that in a provisional version 2.3
of JEP-0030. Mainly my proposed changes involve a new paragraph in the
security considerations as well as one paragraph each in the disco#info
and disco#items sections. So far I have not added any associated
examples, but it would be fairly easy to do that if requested. The
provisional version is here (rendered version and CVS diff):

http://www.jabber.org/jeps/tmp/jep-0030-2.3.html

http://jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/jeps/0030/jep-0030.xml?r1=1.67&r2=1.68

Feedback is welcome as always.

Jabber Software Foundation