[Standards-JIG] XMPP IRI status?

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Nov 17 16:50:37 UTC 2005

Hal Rottenberg wrote:
> Question came up to me yesterday, and now this thread reminds me again
> today.  Has the IETF draft moved forward any?

I'm waiting for feedback from the author of the IRI draft. Other than
that I've addressed all the feedback I've received so I think it's good
to go. But out of courtesy I'm waiting for feedback from the IRI expert.

> Ian Paterson wrote:
>> The JEP states that the XMPP IRI indicates the "protocol, host, and
>> port". Although the current version of the JEP does not currently
>> explicitly exclude other IRI components, perhaps it should. The XMPP IRI
>> SHOULD be of the form:
>> "xmpp:" ihost [ ":" port ]

Hmm, I agreed to add ":port" to the IRI draft, didn't I? I need to look
into that further...

Jabber Software Foundation