[Standards-JIG] Client Capabilities (rant)

Tomasz Sterna tomasz.sterna at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 15:10:50 UTC 2005

2005/11/20, Chris Mullins <chris.mullins at coversant.net>:
> 1 - Check presence and see if any JEP 115 capabilities are listed. If
> any of these are listed, we need to just ignore them, as they're client
> specific anyway and of no use to any other client.

When you spot CAPS in <presence/> packet you should remember it,
perform normal DISCO features discovery and then cache the results
under version+extensions combination.

Next time when you get the same version+extensions combination you
would have the corresponding capablities discovered already in your
cache.

--
smk