[Standards-JIG] Client Capabilities (rant)

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Mon Nov 21 07:29:13 UTC 2005

Maciek Niedzielski Wrote:
> > but it doesn't really matter... if the version number
> > is different, you still have to fetch their features
> > anyway.

> But this is only one query.

Everyone keeps saying this. It's not what the JEP says.

If it's a client that exposes 10 EXT items, and it's a client I either
haven't seen before, or a version of a client I haven't seen before,
then it's 11 disco requests.

The JEP makes no guarantee that I can make a single disco request and
get both the base node features, and the 10 explicit EXT node feature.

--
Chris Mullins