[Standards-JIG] Client Capabilities (rant)

JD Conley jd.conley at coversant.net
Mon Nov 21 17:29:04 UTC 2005

> You do not need to include any node in your _single_ Disco Info
request
> (normal JEP-0030). So, even if JEP-0115 doesn't describe it, CAPS does
> enable the algorithm above.

I like this algorithm. The whole info request per EXT seems to be an
over complication. I would prefer it if EXT were treated as opaque to
outside entities. Then, the app could make a SINGLE disco request
without the CAPS node when it sees a new namespace/version/EXT
combination. In fact, before reading the JEP in detail this is what I
had assumed.

Does anybody actually use the per EXT info node requests?

-JD Conley