[Standards-JIG] JEP-45 requires JEP-79?

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Mon Nov 21 18:12:24 UTC 2005

Hey all,

One thing that came up to my mind some time ago and was brought up again
lately was that JEP-45 (Multi User Chat) requires that packets should be
sent to the exact matching resource and never be stored offline. If my
understanding is right and these requirements are in fact needed then we may
want to add a note saying that "JEP-79: Advanced Message Processing" is
required and that packets sent from the MUC service should include a
condition of "match-resource" and an action of "drop".

What do you think?

Regards,

  -- Gato