[Standards-JIG] Many to many e2e encryption (JEP-116)

Trejkaz trejkaz at trypticon.org
Fri Nov 25 12:03:12 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 22:04, Pierre THIERRY wrote:
> I don't see any other scenario that would scale up correctly with the
> number of recipients growing (sending a specificly encrypted message for
> each final recipients to the global one would just bloat the message of
> there is many recipients, but maybe this is not a real problem if
> confidentiality really matters).

One interesting possibility: assuming the format of this message is fairly
transparent, you could have the MUC room cut out the bulk of the keys in the
message such that each user only gets the key they need.  In such a fashion,
the message bulk would only occur when sending, and never when receiving, and
the server still never gets a chance to spy on the messages.

TX

--
             Email: Trejkaz Xaoza <trejkaz at trypticon.org>
          Web site: http://trypticon.org/