[Standards-JIG] Jingle schema extensibility

Joe Beda jbeda at google.com
Mon Apr 3 16:40:00 UTC 2006

My thinking is that a channel has a name associated with it.  It is up to
the session type to define the streams to be used and push data over them.
It is up to the transport to provide a way to move that data from one peer
to another.  While most of the transports so far use something like a
<candidate/> element to define a channel (or a possible route for a channel)
this isn't necessary for all transports.

For example, for JEP-0177, it might make more sense to have a <channel/>
element under the transport instead of <candidate/> since there is one and
only one choice.

Joe