[Standards-JIG] File sharing JEP

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Fri Apr 7 17:26:32 UTC 2006

I support this approach 500%. This is the right way to go. This would give
XMPP a single session negotiation framework for different purposes. With the
base RFCs, disco, xdata, Jingle provide the last bit for making XMPP the
strong environement we are all looking for. And this is the time to do it.

You describe how we can leverage Jingle for any peer-to-peer OOB data
stream. But there are many other usages where Jingle would make sense:
session encryption, message sessions, multimedia user chat, etc... Anything
ending up creating a negotiated session.

Jean-Louis