[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: 1.8pre12

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Apr 12 14:38:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 10:36:03AM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> Version 1.8pre12 of JEP-0060 is here:
>
> http://www.jabber.org/jeps/tmp/jep-0060-1.8.html
>
> The cvs diff is here:
>
> http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/jeps/0060/jep-0060.xml?r1=1.106&r2=1.110

Hurray for this change. A few notes:

- In the #owner namespace, we have 'affiliates', where the bare
  namespace has 'affiliations'. Is that intentional?

- For 'affilations' (in the bare namespace), this moved to the publisher
  use case. Is that a good place? E.g. owners or outcasts may also want
  to do this query. Unfortunately, we have no section 'Entity Use Cases'
  to put it in. Or you could create that and include discovery there.

- In the schema for 'affiliates' (or its corrected name), there should
  be a 'none' value for 'affilation' as well, for unaffilating an entity
  to a node. See example 164.

- The captions for examples 74 and 75 should mention 'subscriptions',
  not 'affiliations'.

- I think we lose the ability have the owner manage subscriptions.  This
  could be readded by introducing the subscriptions element in the
  #owner namespace. I suppose if the naming of 'affiliates' was
  intentional, you could name this 'subscribers'.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm