[Standards-JIG] Re: PEP and Pubsub Questions

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Sat Apr 15 12:41:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

> See above, I'm not a big fan of batch deletion. I'd prefer to make that
> operation atomic. We don't allow batch publishing, why allow batch
> deletion? I've provisionally changed the scheme to reflect that.

i think publishing and deletion are 2 totally different things. Compare
it with Email. I think the most people delete old email periodically. So
what they do is go thru all emails, mark them all and delete them all at
the same time. Which is a batch process for me. Same with NNTP, if a
newsserver keeps the messages for e.g 6 month, then it will delete old
messages in a batch process.
And why not send all the event notifications in one message stanza? This
will save lots of bandwidth.

Alex