[Standards-JIG] Interop Event Planning

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Thu Apr 20 12:15:53 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 23:42, Jacek Konieczny wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 03:03:48PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > The intent is to test RFC 3920 and RFC 3921 only (we need implementation
> > reports in order to move those documents forward from Proposed to Draft
> > within the Internet Standards Process). It's high on my list to put
> > together more detailed test cases, create a dedicated email list for
> > those who will attend, etc.
>
> I would suggest discussing the test cases here on this list, as many
> people who won't attend the Interop Event may know about something which
> should be tested as it is problematic and usually forgotten.
>
> E.g. the one thing particulary important for me are presence
> subscription notification acknowledgments -- RFC 3921, section 9.4 (my
> client does that, but it causes problems with some servers).

Well if we're listing here, I'm interested in client certificate
authentication and SASL encryption.  Both of these are discussed in RFC 3920
but rarely implemented.

It also might be worth testing some of the "be liberal in what you accept"
cases, where implementations transmit unconventional data to see if the
recipients still operate properly.

-Justin