[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0171 (Language Translation)

Jay Carlson nop at mitre.org
Tue Apr 25 04:43:27 UTC 2006

Looks good to me.  (It's after midnight, we'll see what the reaction is from
the implementers in the morning :-)

I still owe the list some kind of alternative proposal for discovery of
translation services.  For better or worse, I've been stuck in a parallel
internal debate about how to describe and provide translation services over
RESTy HTTP.  This has been more pressing for me, as I've got multiple
applications breathing down my collar.  I hope it will teach me more about
the right way to present this service over XMPP.

If we feel that supporting automated discovery is a MAY rather than a
SHOULD, we can start planning for interop testing now.  ORF in July?

Jay

http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/jeps/0171/jep-