[Standards-JIG] Reliable message delivery

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Wed Apr 26 15:21:51 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 26 April 2006 07:53, Jean-Louis Seguineau wrote:
> On the possibility to activate or deactivate the acking, I was under the
> impression we have this as a given. But if you have two hops, what would be
> the benefit of acking on a single path segment? Doesn't it defeat the
> entire purpose of acking?

When I was in Kansas earlier this year using GPRS, oh boy did I wish I had
acking between my client and server.  Strengthening just this one hop would
have made a huge difference in the quality of my chats.  The people I chat
with (and their servers) wouldn't even need to know about it.

Until then, thank goodness for local message archiving and copy/paste. :)

-Justin