[Standards-JIG] client-to-server and server-to-server connection failures cause silent message loss

Pavel Šimerda pavel.simerda.lists at centrum.cz
Fri Apr 28 20:58:27 UTC 2006

Also, this sort of connection ack could be negotiated as a feature and clients
could live easily without it.

Some people do believe their connection is so reliable they don't need it.
Some people think this is hard to code. I don't belong to any of these two
groups but at least the wouldn't be forced to use this.

I personally would like to secure any connection made with xmpp but
maintaining compatibility is very important too.

Pavel

--
Keep it simple... http://www.pavlix.net/